Friday, November 6, 2015

Homework 8

Our Team Game!

1. The Tetrad

    • Aesthetics - I think they aesthetics is a huge part of my team's game. Because this is a survival horror game, atmosphere and feeling is very important. I think that the polish and attention to detail will not be very high in our game. Because we are beginners and the severe lack of time, I predict our game to be not very polished aesthetically. 
    • Story - I do not think our story is weak, however it is simple. Our story allows the play to be placed in a creepy and terrifying setting. I do not think it succeeds much beyond that though. 
    • Mechanics - This is a huge area of the game that we are working on. We really want the player to feel vulnerable. We want them to feel like they are in a place that is dangerous. Gameplay has a huge effect on the feeling of vulnerability. Our gameplay mechanics make the player helpless. This is a game of survival and stealth. There are weapons to defeat the monsters, but the basis of the gameplay is centered around stealth and sneaking.
    • Technology - The submarine that the player is trapped in will be clean, sleek, and technologically advanced. High-tech computer monitors will be present on the ship. We want the technology in our game to inform the player that this is a technically evolved submarine. There will also be many weapons on the sub such as knives, lead pipes, assault rifles, pistols, and others
2. Balance
    • I think the balance of our game should be steady. The scope of our game is very small and contained because of the setting. I think that this allows us to keep the game feeling balanced and well-paced
3. Emergent Properties
    • I would assume that this game would have quite a few intentional and unintentional emergent properties. The intentional emergent properties occurs when some creative uses of the game are intended by the designers. Unintentional emergent properties are instances such as bugs and glitches. I do not think that this game will be perfect. There will be some bugs and glitches. Hopefully they can be easily patched.
4. Interest Curve
    • Interest curves ensures the player is interested in the game from start to finish. I think that our game will be pretty well paced which will keep the player interested. Because this game is not very long, I do think that the setting, atmosphere, and mechanics will keep the player invested and the interest curve high.
5. Enjoyment
    • I enjoy survival horror games very much. So I might like this game more than the average gamer. This game should be enjoyable for the length of it. If we were to create a feature length game, I think that we would have to add more variations to the gameplay. 


What I did last week:

  • worked on setting up the team repository
  • worked in blender
  • worked on objects such as weapons and computers
What I will do this week:
  • mainly work in blender
  • design new objects and assets for the game




No comments:

Post a Comment